My name is Werner Koch, since I was
born in 1961 I am living in (or near to) Düsseldorf/Germany, I am
married since 2 years with Gerlinde Klaes and working as free-lance
developer for about 10 years.
Projects of mine:
- Wedit, an enhanced PE2 (aka OS/2 system editor) clone for
OS/2, MSDOS, MS-Windows and GNU/Linux. Shortly after I learned about
Free Software, I converted this to my first GPL program in 1993. I
know a few folks are still using it and I did so until I lost time for
adding features already in the one-and-only-editor, so that I switched
to Emacs in August of this year.
- I wrote the Xircom PCMCIA driver simply because I
accidently bought such a card. I promise to never work again on such
a thing where the vendor is not willing to cooperate. Please don't
ask me about it anymore.
- In late 1997 I started with the GnuPG project which used to be a fun
thing in the beginning.
- I have done a little work with the EU Working Group on Libre Software and
gave a talk on it at the LinuxTag
- I am on the board of the German Unix
User Group and I try my best to bring them in line with the Free
- For about a year now I am working with the other core members on
the FSF Europe and the
GNU Business Network.