- Front page
- Practical information
- Press & Promotion
Enterprise Control, Configuration and Logging/Alarming using GNUstep-base
- An overview of the problem of dealing with multiple server processes on multiple hosts and sites. How to provide fault tolerance and how to scale up without losing control.
- A discussion of the use of the basic technologies such as Distributed Objects and property lists etc to implement these systems.
- Control ... how we start/stop server processes, prevent duplication of processes, support automated restart, and query the state of processes.
- Configuration ... how we provide specific configuration to each process under central control, yet allow those servers to operate independently.
- Logging/Alarming ... how we provide and manage simple and consistent audit/debug logging facilities for server processes, and how we integrate with SNMP.
Next (up to 3) talks in the same room (AW1.126):
|17:15-18:00||New Features of Objective-C||GNUstep|