- Front page
- Practical information
- Press & Promotion
Sun, 2007-12-02 23:59
The list of Main Track speakers for FOSDEM 2008 is almost complete and officially announced today, even though the website doesn't contain all the speaker bios and abstracts yet.
The keynotes will be highly interesting and entertaining, as always:
- Robert Watson presenting How a large-scale opensource project works,
- Gabrielle Pantera and Robin Rowe from Beverly Hills based MovieEditor, talking about Linux in Hollywood, and
- Pieter Hintjens, president of the FFII, giving us a status update on Software Patents
Keeping our tradition of high quality technical talks, the main tracks for 2008 will be organized around 6 topics and feature a wealth of project leads and core developers from all around the FOSS horizon:
- Programming Languages: JRuby (Charles Nutter), Perl 6 (Patrick Michaud) and PHP 6 (Andrei Zmievski)
- Build Systems: Hudson (Kohsuke Kawaguchi), SCons (Steven Knight) and CMake (Bill Hoffman)
- Games: Battle for Wesnoth (David White), Nexuiz (Stephan Stahl) and Globulation 2 (Stéphane Magnenat)
- Packaging: Conary (Michael K. Johnson), PackageKit (Richard Hughes) and Klik (Simon Peter and Kurt Pfeifle)
- Virualization: Xen (Ian Pratt), VirtualBox (Achim HasenMueller) and OpenQRM (Matthias Rechenburg)
- Web Development: CakePHP (Garrett J. Woodworth) and Firebug (Joe Hewitt)
Thu, 2007-11-29 21:34
Linux Professional Institute (LPI) gives visitors the opportunity of doing LPIC-1, LPIC-2, LPIC-3 and Ubuntu exams at FOSDEM again, at a 48 to 55% rebate off the official rate.
Sun, 2007-11-04 17:21
The deadline has passed. The call for Devrooms and Stands has ended.
FOSDEM will take place on 23 and 24 February 2008, and we provide so-called Developer Rooms ("devrooms") as well as Stands (booths) to Free and Opensource projects. For every devroom we invite a project to organize talks, open discussions and/or hacking sessions. We offer an environment for developer collaboration, but we have only a limited number of rooms at our disposal.
Stands are provided to let projects present themselves, draw interest and talk and share knowledge with the vast crowd of developers attending the conference.
Wed, 2007-10-24 20:23
During the event Raphael walked around with a camera and asked some questions to the visitors of the conference. In this compilation he asked "How would you describe FOSDEM to a friend?".
More videos will come in a not to distant future...
Sun, 2007-10-07 11:30
Netlash is finally fixing the last bits and css-bytes of our brand new website. You'll soon see it in here.
Secondly thanks to all the people who submitted a subject for the brainstorm. We drew the main structure concerning the tracks we'll have at the conference and are now inviting speakers.
More info coming soon...
Sun, 2007-06-24 12:05
Thanks for the input. The brainstorm is now closed. All the proposals will be used as brainstorm for the next edition.
FOSDEM became what it was thanks to all the visitors. Every edition the FOSDEM Staff becomes bigger and the FOSDEM organization becomes more stable. It is time for us to open up our speaker invitations a little by requesting input from you.
Fill in the form below and suggest speakers and projects as a main track for the FOSDEM 2008 edition.
Thu, 2006-10-19 19:58