FOSDEM '09 is a free and non-commercial event organized by the community, for the community. Its goal is to provide Free and Open Source developers a place to meet.

Promotion material for 2009

Update promotion material (banners, web badges) for FOSDEM 2009 are now available.

If you appreciate the event, you might want to help us spread the word about it by including one of our 2009 badges or banners on your site or blog.

Newcomers: About registration

We sometimes get the "How do I register" question from the newcomers. Here is the answer:

New Visitor wrote:
> I wanna go to FOSDEM 2009, but totally new, so how do I sign up?

You don't need to sign up. *Entrance is free of charge* to everyone (even
though we accept voluntary donations to keep the event alive :)).

There's no registration nor anything similar. You just come
to the venue during the week-end and that's all.

> My guess is, that I just show up, but it would probably be a help
> for newcomers, if you created a sub-page of "Practical Information"
> called "Registration."

There is no such thing as registration for FOSDEM ;)

Call for FOSDEM participation

FOSDEM is probably the most developer-oriented Free and Opensource conference, taking place in Brussels, Belgium on Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 February 2009. Apart from having many invited speakers, the conference offers developer rooms, stands and lightning talks to projects from the Free and Opensource community.

We hereby welcome proposals from projects to participate in organizing a devroom, manning a stand or holding a lightning talk.

LinkedIn group

We'd like to remind you that FOSDEM has a LinkedIn group. To join the group and show your network you visit FOSDEM click here.

FOSDEM 2009

FOSDEM will take place on 7th and 8th February 2009 in Brussels, Belgium (What is FOSDEM?).

Proposing speakers and subjects 2009

FOSDEM became what it was thanks to all the visitors. Every edition the FOSDEM Staff becomes bigger and the FOSDEM organization becomes more stable. It is time for us to open up our speaker invitations a little by requesting input from you.

Fill in the form below and suggest speakers and projects as a main track for the FOSDEM 2009 edition.

Kickoff BBQ

Last Saturday some fellow FOSDEM organizers joined for the FOSDEM 2009 kickoff BBQ. The meteorological institute predicted a lot of rain, but the Open Source gods were in a good mood and gave us a fantastic weather. Some of us even had a swim as you can see.

Don't forget to subscribe to the RSS feed to stay tuned.

Syndicate content