15 Tips to improve your Galera Cluster
15 tips to boost your Galera Cluster.
During this presentation, I will show how to implement several stuff that will improve your day-to-day workload.
The points will cover topics like Point in Time Recovery, WAN replication with group segments, Avoiding SST when adding new Percona XtraDB Cluster node, ... the tips will be briefly explained to the audience and then put in practice.
Currently, the covered tips are:
- Point in Time Recovery
- Accelerate XtraBAckup SST
- Move async slave to a new master 5.5
- Move async slave to a new master 5.6
- Allow longer downtime for a node
- Measuring Max Replication Throughput on Percona XtraDB Cluster with wsrep_desync
- Multicast replication
- SSL everywhere
- decode GRA* files
- Realtime stats to pay attention to in Percona XtraDB Cluster and Galera
- Avoiding SST when adding new Percona XtraDB Cluster node
- Play with quorum and weight
- WAN replication with group segments
- Load balancer and TIME_WAIT
- Load balancer and persistent connections