- Front page
- Practical information
Acceptable use policy of BELNET / FOSDEM Internet services
By using the Internet connection at FOSDEM you agree to the following:
- The customer commits to act conform to the norms and protocols of Internet.
- The customer may only use the BELNET network under strict legal regulation. Any use which is in violation of Belgian or international laws is forbidden. As an active member of ISPA Belgium (Internet Service Providers Association of Belgium), BELNET totally complies to the "Collaboration protocol in order to fight against illegitimate acts on Internet". In case of suspicion of illegal acts from the customer, BELNET will collaborate, within the strict scope defined by the law, with the judicial power to help them with their investigation duties.
- It is forbidden to use BELNET for any activity having as consequence:
- Unauthorized access to third party data;
- Harming operational activities of BELNET or of Internet in general;
- Harming the use or performance of Internet services for other users;
- Wasting (human, network, computer) resources;
- Completely or partially destroying the integrity of computer data;
- Compromising the privacy of users;
- Using the network in order to send messages which are classified in the categories "harassment" or "spam".
- The use of the BELNET network is reserved to public services, education and research. Commercial use as well as intensive personal use is forbidden.
Sun, 02/07/2010 - 10:42