Bootstrapping user experience design work in your open source project
How to get started bringing user experience design practices into open source projects using Drupal as a case study.
If you want to grow the user base of your open source project, or even just want to make things simpler for your existing users, then one of the ways you can do that is by making your app easier to use. Topics that we'll discuss:
- Ways to make the case for the need of a good user experience
- How to get started making good design part of your project
- About the challenges of designing in open source
- How to foster collaboration between designer and developer
- What you can do to attract (more) designers to your project
Since 2007 there has been a dedicated ux design team working on improving the usability and design of the Drupal content management system. Roy Scholten has been part of this effort since its beginning.