Call for participation: lightning talks and stands
We now invite proposals for lightning talks and stands.
Lighting talks are short — 15 minutes — talks on a wide variety of topics. Anyone who has something interesting to say about an open source topic can apply. We particularly encourage topics that do not fit in any of the developer rooms.
Proposals for lightning talks should be submitted using Pentabarf:
Please be sure to select "lightning talks" in the "track" field.
Questions or remarks? Contact us at email@example.com.
FOSDEM offers open source projects the opportunity to display their work during the event. At their stand, a project can share information, demo software, sell merchandise, give away goodies, and so on, and personally interact with the visitors.
What we offer
- one 180x80cm table, positioned in one of the buildings with developer rooms, for the entire duration of the conference. In some cases, a second table may be possible, if you have a good reason to need two.
- two chairs per table
- one power socket type C/E (if you require adapters or additional sockets, please bring them yourself)
- fast uplink shared wireless Internet access
Further practical considerations
- The offer for stands is open to open source projects and communities
- There is no cost or fee for the stands
- The stand should be occupied by at least two people for the duration of the conference.
Send your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include at least the following information:
- Project name
- Stand description
- Project URLs
- Your name and relation to the project
- Why should FOSDEM accept this proposal?
- Optionally, if requesting two tables, motivation for the second table
Questions or remarks? Contact us at email@example.com.
- 1 October
- deadline for main track proposals
- accepted developer rooms announced
- 20 November
- deadline for stands and lightning talks
- 15 December
- accepted stands and lightning talks announced