- Front page
- Practical information
- Press & Promotion
Call for Main Track Speakers
We are still in the process of reviewing the requests, please bear with us.
The goal of the main tracks is to host high-quality seminars for a broad and technical audience. Every track is organized around a theme (security, kernel, collaboration, ...) and contains 3 seminars. The main tracks are held in the two biggest rooms, giving a seat to 550 and 1400 visitors.
You can propose a main track talk by going to penta. The page explains the steps needed. We will select the main track themes and accompanying talks based on submissions.
Before applying, be aware that:
- A speaker is given exactly 50 minutes time, include questions and answers. A moderator will be there showing you signs of 15, 10 and 5 minutes left.
- The subject should be about free or open source software development.
- The proposed lecture should be technical. Our visitors do not come to FOSDEM for a marketing talk or a simple overview of the features of some product.
- Accordingly, a main track talk speaker should be a developer of the project.
- All main track talks will be recorded. The recordings and slides will be made available freely, shortly after the event.
Further practical considerations:
- By sending in your abstract you acknowledge that you keep the dates of 4-5 Feburary 2012 free in case your proposal has been selected.
- The travel expenses and hotel bookings of main track speakers are covered by FOSDEM. Speakers are kindly asked to book their travel themselves while FOSDEM manages the hotel. Bringing your partner is encouraged but his/her costs are not covered by FOSDEM. (except the hotel)
- You will need to keep proofs of your expenses, reimbursement will be done after the event.
If you are interested in doing a Main Track talk at FOSDEM 2012, follow the steps explained in penta.Questions or troubles? Contact us at email@example.com
2011-11-06: Deadline for main track talk requests
2011-12-08: Delayed best-effort acceptance notification date
2012-02-04 to 2012-02-05: FOSDEM 2012